Neill Cartage and Warehouse is looking for a full time Mechanic / Building Maintenance Manager. Neill Cartage is one of Chicago's premier full service logistics, warehousing, and distrbution companies. Servicing the Midwest since 1946.
Job Description: Perform repairs and maintenance on tractors, trailers, warehouse owned lift trucks, and basic building repairs to maximize safe and productive operations.
Shift: 10:00am - 7:00pm Tuesday -- Friday & 6:00am -- 3pm on Saturday's
• Diagnose mechanical problems on suspensions, brake systems, hydraulic systems, tires and wheels
• Perform repairs and maintenance on trailers
• Diagnose issues and make repairs using service manuals
• Make emergency road calls
• Perform monthly maintenance on all warehouse lift trucks -- check fluid levels, lights, hydraulic lines, brakes, steering system, ect
• Other duties may be assigned
Building Maintenance Responsibilities
• Perform weekly fire pump churn inspections
• Constantly check overhead door springs for proper operation
• Inspect, lubricate, clean and adjust all warehouse dock plates
• Change filters on HVAC units and heating units along with minor adjustments
• Warehouse floor concrete patching
• Check sump pumps for proper operation and preventative maintenance
• Ensure overhead door and raildoor outdoor seals are in working order and repair if necessary
• Preform lawn maintenance and snow removal if assistance is necessary
• Equivalent of a high school diploma or GED & 3 years of related truck, trailer or heavy equipment maintenance and repair
• Basic tools
• Valid drivers license
CDL drivers license, and welding or fabrication skills
Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs at least once a day
Pay will depend on experience and skill level: $13-$20 per hour.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by and fill out an application - 5400 Proviso Drive Berkeley, IL 60163.